Westinghouse 32 inch LED HD DVD Combo TV



























  • Built-in DVD Player. Perfect for Kitchens, Children's Room, RV (12 volt inverter required)

  • 720p resolution for quality HD images Watch broadcast TV and DVDs in high definition.

  • Offers a bright, crisp and vivid full HD picture perfect for watching sports, movies, shows or playing on your gaming console.

  • This model is equipped with all the connectivities required to use your favorite streaming device! Offers HDMI, USB, VGA, Digital TV Tuner connectivity

  • Built-in V-chip lets you block content based on program ratings and check ratings of unfamiliar programs.

I am not a TV person, but I got this to have an option to watch DVDs or streaming shows and movies other than just using my laptop. DVD performance is tolerable, but the volume is definitely on the low side. However, the 32" has been shining so far with HDMI and the volume with HDMI works much, much better than DVD. Spare yourself the grief I went through, though, and realize the TV has two ports numbered HDMI 2 and HDMI 3 (top). There is no HDMI 1. A bit contrary to what one might expect. Now that I have the HDMI source issue figured out, the pictures on HD shows and movies from Amazon and Netflix are very, very clear.

I bought this because my big-screen Sanyo has so many wires running out the back that there was no way I was gonna figure out how to hook a DVD player up to it. For $150, this is an offer you can't refuse. I had a slight problem getting in in sync with my cable TV, but a call to Comcast resolved the problem. My thing was a bunch of DVD's I recently bought and couldn't run on my PC. This TV more than did the trick. It's not quite what you want for the living room, but as a bedroom TV you can't ask for more. For the quality and price, this is the best backup TV you can find.

TV has a wonderful picture with great resolution despite 780 pixel count due the implementation of "multi image", which adds more frames per/s. This just by comparison to a 1080 pixel TV we own? It actually has a crisper picture.
The DVD drive is also of a much higher quality than I've seen before on a TV/DVD combo. Instead of they normal 'tray' that slides out most? This is completely internal with the disc just loading into the DVD player like a separate unit with exception it is vertical. No problem. A great buy. Made by Sony.

The Scepter TV is easy to set up and operate. The DVD works exactly as I hoped ... put in a DVD, put TV in DVD mode, play the DVD, turn off power, restart where you left off by just turning power back on. You can eject the DVD at any time and put it back in and resume in the same place. The picture and color look great. I coupled the TV with a Scepter sound bar which works well and uses the same remote

Update: After about 5 to 10 hours of playing the DVD player began skipping on all DVDs that we tried. We cannot recommend this unit.

Update: Amazon sent a replacement TV and the DVD player immediately began skipping on a good DVD that played well in another DVD player. So I now have had to return two of these for problems with the DVD player. The TV itself is very nice and works well with a separate DVD player. However, I recommend buying something else.

Quality is somewhat disappointing, as the audio and video frequently do not sync. I like the DVD player feature--except that when I put a family rated movie in, it came up with a message requiring a code to unblock it before I could view the film...I had to email the Support folks to get a code number. But the week before, I had watched Lady Chatterley's Lover--and didn't need a code for that one, so "go figure"...

I bought this to replace an old-fashioned TV and separate DVD player that was going bad. My friends are understandably amazed: Kathy comes into the 21st Century at last!! In any case, I don't watch TV--no cable, no dish, no rabbit ears, even--and only planned to use it to watch my sizable collection of DVDs. It is more than adequate for that purpose. As far as I'm concerned, the picture is beautiful and the sound adequate. It was a good value and meets my objectives perfectly.

 The only reason I didn't rate it higher is because I do find the DVD player to be very noisy, especially when it's first inserted to play. Once the movie starts playing, I am less aware of the noise of the player, but I'm wondering if it will remain that way or will start to create a racket even during the movies.

We found that the DVD player is the most delicate one I've ever used with regards to scratches, leading us to continue to utilize different players in the house if we wanted to actually watch something without skips and loud-whirring noises.

This meant we did not use the TV very often. Even then, after 9 months, we found that the TV went black on the screen, and has rendered itself unable to display any images.

Extremely poor experience from our usage, but I suppose that is something we should have expected with trying to find a TV that uses dated tech like a builtin DVD player.

Great size tv, lightweight and easy to set up. I disagree that the picture is as good as bigger named brand TVs or 1080p. The picture is slightly fuzzy but not enough to bug me. It’s as expected for a 720p $150 tv. Works great for in the bedroom.

TV has a wonderful picture with great resolution despite 780 pixel count due the implementation of "multi image", which adds more frames per/s. This just by comparison to a 1080 pixel TV we own? It actually has a crisper picture.

The DVD drive is also of a much higher quality than I've seen before on a TV/DVD combo. Instead of they normal 'tray' that slides out most? This is completely internal with the disc just loading into the DVD player like a separate unit with exception it is vertical. No problem. A great buy. Made by Sony.

Comments